LAIT911, a 501(c)3 pending non-profit aimed at keeping communities informed in disaster, is almost a 100% automated, real-time incident platform. However, scripting and artificial intelligence can only go so far. Our real-time incident analyst team manages active incidents and serves as a liaison between emergency services and the general public.
A few specific responsibilities of our analysts include:
- Determining when to send out emergency alerts for high-risk situations
- Associating radio transmissions with active incidents
- Creating new incidents based on emergency dispatch live audio feeds.
- Providing additional context to existing incidents from data gathered via emergency radio, social media, or independent research.
- Monitoring and verifying user-contributed data.
LAIT911 analysts remain on-call 24/7 for major breaking incidents but may also select shifts for managing routine responsibilities.
You will be provided with all the tools you need to be successful in this role, including our highly advanced incident analyst tool kit, which includes
- Access to massive amounts of data on any active or past LAFD, LACoFD, or CHP incident.
- Advanced incident alerting functionality that combines artificial intelligence and audio processing to allow our team to take action in real time.
- Virtual Fire & Police scanners through SDR allowing you to listen in to emergency radio, no matter where you physically are.
In order to be a LAIT911 dispatcher, you must have an in-depth understanding of LAFD procedures, including responding apparatus, divisions, and radio transmissions.
A desktop with an internet connection is a must. Our dispatch portal is not compatible with mobile devices.
And most importantly, attention to detail and integrity. LAIT911 is known for providing accurate real-time information, and providing misinformation, even unintentionally, will quickly destroy public trust.
Join Our Team Today!
Send an email to [email protected] with the following information:
- LAIT911.com Username
- Zip code in which you primarily reside
- Professional affiliations, background, qualifications
- Number of hours per week you’re willing to monitor
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com