Are you a compassionate and organized individual with a desire to help those in need during times of crisis? We are a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing on-site disaster response support to communities affected by natural disasters such as wildfires, hurricanes, and earthquakes. We are seeking a talented and motivated volunteer on-site disaster response support person to join our team and help us achieve our mission.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing direct support to individuals and communities affected by natural disasters. Some examples of tasks you may be asked to work on include:
- Distributing Bottled Water, Light Snacks and/or Care Packages
- Assisting at-risk individuals during voluntary or mandatory evacuations.
- Creating inbound referral requests for additional direct support needed
- Providing shelter and staging locations with internet access, and/or connected devices to restore communication
- Serve as a liaison providing individuals information on available resources, and updates on the impacting incident.
Impacted areas may include:
- Major Fires (Wild, Structural)
- Earthquake (Displaced Individuals)
- Major Power Outages & Blackouts
- Flooded Areas
We are looking for someone with strong communication and organizational skills, as well as a compassionate and empathetic approach to working with those in need. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in fast-paced and potentially stressful environments and be able to adapt to changing situations.
This is a volunteer position, with varying schedules and locations depending on the location of the disaster. While we cannot offer financial compensation, we can provide valuable experience and the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the lives of those affected by natural disasters. If you are interested in using your skills to make a difference, we encourage you to apply.
To apply, please send a resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in this role and how your skills and experience make you a good fit for the position. We look forward to hearing from you!
Team members will be provided with 20-hr CERT training, if not already taken, before being called out to active incidents.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org